Chef Uri Lavine’s candied sweet potatoes
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - Chef Uri Lavine stopped by the Good Morning Show and shared his recipe for candied sweet potatoes.
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Total Time - 45 minutes (Makes 6 servings)
- 1 (2 lb, 8 oz) can cut sweet potatoes in syrup
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup praline pecans
- 1/4 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain sweet potatoes well. Arrange drained sweet potatoes in an 8- x 8-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. Combine in a 3-quart saucepot: 1/2 cup butter, maple syrup, dark brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, salt, and pepper until blended. Bring to a boil over medium-high, then lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 2–3 minutes until sugars have dissolved, and the mixture is emulsified.
3. Pour syrup over sweet potatoes; bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, chop pecans and melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter. Combine in a medium bowl: pecans, flour, and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until blended. Stir in melted butter, and coat pecans well. Top sweet potatoes with pecan mixture and bake 10 more minutes until browned. Serve.
Copyright 2022 WCTV. All rights reserved.