Gingered Shrimp with Watermelon Salad
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 lb peeled/deveined jumbo pink shrimp, tails removed (thawed, if needed)
- 4 green onions
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ginger spice paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lb seedless watermelon chunks
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Combine in medium bowl: fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice until blended and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
2. Combine in separate bowl: shrimp, onions, ground ginger, ginger paste, oil, and salt until blended and shrimp is well coated. Arrange shrimp and onions on grill; grill 2 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque and onions are charred. Remove from grill; coarsely chop onions.
3. Combine in large bowl: watermelon, fish sauce mixture, basil, mint, cilantro, red chile, green onions, and peanuts. Place arugula on large serving platter; top with watermelon mixture and shrimp. Serve.
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.